|Term 1 Start Date:||Course Length:||8 Weeks (2 hrs / Night)|
|Term 2 Start Date:|
|Term 3 Start Date:|
|Term 4 Start Date:||23rd October|
|Course Time:||Tuesday 7:00 – 9:00pm|
In terms 3 & 4 we will look at Uncial scripts, beginning with American Uncial by Austrian designer Victor Hammer. This script is adapted from a typeface created while Victor Hammer (1882 – 1967) was living in the United States during the 1940’s. Calligraphy builds mindfulness, perseverance and focus.
The requirements list for terms 1 & 2 applies.
- Students need to supply the following items for the first lesson:
- 2B pencil (and HB if you already have)
- 40 cms ruler
- Kneadable eraser/solid white eraser
- Bottle NON-WATERPROOF Japanese ink
- Small glass jar with a tight fitting lid
- Medium size jar (mustard size)
- Old toothbrush
- A small piece of towelling
- Nibs – Speedball sizes C0, C1, C2 and C3.
- Drawing board, approx. 600x450x10mm (Hardware stores often have offcuts)
- Calico to cover your board
- A pad of bleed-proof paper, not more than 80 gsm, A3 size
- Eckersley’s Braddon and Phillip
- Eddy Tilson, 44-46 Grimwade St Mitchell
- Derek Amos, PO Box 528, Lane Cove, NSW 2066
Left-handed students please contact tutor BEFORE buying any nibs
About the Teacher:
Angela has studied design, publicity, and display, watercolours, and calligraphy. She has worked as Visual Aids Artist at Central Electricity Generating Board – all in UK. Studied extensively with local, national and international tutors in Australia. Angela has extensive experience as a tutor, teaching calligraphy at several colleges in ACT, (22 years at Lake Ginninderra College). She is a Life Member and founder member (1986) of the Canberra Calligraphy Society; office bearer for many years. Angela is also the Scribe to the ACT Chief Minister, Governor-General, House of Representatives, The Senate and various Prime Ministers.