|Term 1 Start Date:||Course Length:||6 Weeks (1 hr / Night)|
|Term 2 Start Date:|
|Term 3 Start Date:|
|Term 4 Start Date:||25th October|
|Course Time:||Thursday 7:30 – 8:30pm|
This continuing class will aim to enhance your current skill set if you have undergone the beginner’s course.
The guitar is a versatile instrument; we will continue to explore approaches to learn the basics of music. We will continue to explore complicated major and minor chords in the open form. You will learn to improve play songs and various guitar techniques.
The course aims at continuing introducing music through guitar in a class environment:
- Learn how to tune a guitar effectively, including the enlightened (electronic tuner) method;
- Understanding the fretboard – a fundamental understanding of the instrument to develop learning
- Learn to play the other guitar bar cords
- Strumming – Techniques, you will continue to learn a few simple strumming patterns to use for songs
- Music theory – Music theory continuation will be discussed at a beginner level
- Song study – A new extract of a song will be learned as a method of learning the guitar techniques
At the end of the course, you will enhance your appreciation for music and develop an understanding of the guitar.
- Bring your guitar (acoustic or classical);
- pen and paper;
- and your passion for music (no guitar is provided)
About The Teacher:
Richie Araneta has been playing the guitar for over two decades.
“Learning the guitar was an enriching journey for me. I picked up the guitar in high school and learned many different styles over the years. Playing the guitar helped me keep calm and balanced. I have refurbished broken guitars, installed pickups into acoustic and electric guitars. With the basic chord skills and various strumming techniques has equipped me to have played in a band and on stage.”