|Term 1 Start Date:||Course Length:||6 Weeks (1.5 hrs/ night)|
|Term 2 Start Date:|
|Term 3 Start Date:|
|Term 4 Start Date:||24th October|
|Course Time:||Wed 6:00 – 7:30pm|
|Teacher:||Yannick Ha Kong|
This is a continuing of the basic course from the last term and goes for 4 weeks.
Ukulele is a versatile instrument; we will explore various styles of music while covering the basics of music theory. We will explore major and minor chords in the open form. You will learn many extracts of songs to illustrate techniques.
The course aims at introducing music through ukulele in a class environment:
- Continue Understanding the fretboard – a fundamental understanding of the instrument to develop learning;
- Practice Chords – open chords will be introduced throughout the course;
- Practice Strumming – We will cover a few simple strumming patterns to use for song study;
- Reading tablatures – As an alternative to reading music sheets, tablature – a simplified music sheet for ukulele – will be broken down and explained;
- Music theory – Music theory will be discussed at a beginner level;
- Song study – Various extracts of songs will be learned as a method of learning the ukulele techniques.
At the end of the course, you will enhance your appreciation for music and develop an understanding of Ukulele. You should be able to pick up a ukulele and entertain your guests.
Bring your ukulele (acoustic or classical), pen and paper
About the Teacher:
Yannick has been playing string instruments for about a decade. Before starting to teach, he was also a Lake Night student.